What new products do you want to see at MonoPrice.com?

Xbox One Kinect 2.0 Extension Cable

Xbox One has been released and no Kinect 2.0 extension cable in sight. For everyone that is wanting to use their Xbox One in a media room where components are far from the TV, an extension cable for Kinect is necessary. Lets get up to a 50' extension cable for Kinect.

5,311 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PaulPaul shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

543 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Greg KGreg K commented  · 

In case you haven't discovered the work around yet, you can extend the xbox 1 kinect with the kinect for Windows adapter and a 33 foot corning USB 3.Optical cable. Cost me about $150 for the pair but am successfully (finally) using my Xbox 1 and kinect in my home theater set up. 136" screen and my components are hidden 30 feet away... and it works great. The kinect for Windows adapter adds about 7 feet of length too, so I would think most applications needing up to ~50 feet should work. Here's the thread describing the set up and the links I used to buy the items on Amazon. In addition, I'm planning on getting an IR blaster (as described in the thread) to continue that function. The optical cable doesn't send the IR signal, but the back of the xbox 1 has a separate IR out jack to keep that functionality. It works fine without, but I like how the IR turns the components and projector on/off with my voice, and TV channel commands, volume control, etc.
        Sure the cost adds up, but at least it finally works. I had been waiting to play since day 1 in November of 2013. Finally.

www.avsforum.com/forum/141-xbox-area/1498930-xbox-one-kinect-extender-25.html

• JarrodJarrod commented  · 

All my components are at least 50' from my 103" TV. What has Microsoft been thinking? It's been over a year and they didn't think of this before hand? I'm no computer wiz but that is a no brainer. The fact that they haven't come out with one by now means they don't give a crap. Which is obviously totally wrong.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Need one like yesterday. ..ridiculous that someone hasn't made one yet

• big27big27 commented  · 

i also want very bed this cable
        tnks

• Manoj VermaManoj Verma commented  · 

I need a cable as well. Otherwise Kinect will be returned back to Best Buy,

• MichaelMichael commented  · 

I don't get it. I purchased the Xbox One last year and like the upgrades it gives me over the Xbox 360. But like many of you, this is more than an annoyance. Currently, I have the Kinect on the other side of the room, making many of the functions unusable. This could not have been an afterthought on Microsoft's part.

• mikemike commented  · 

UGH please make this and take my money!!!!

• Scott KallenScott Kallen commented  · 

Rumor has it that Monoprice has said they have dropped all support for creating this product and will not be making one. Is this true?

• Anonymous commented  · 

This needs made like yesterday! Please help us

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

This is ridiculous! I am sorry I purchased this unit

• Anonymous commented  · 

It's about time they did mine has sat on a shelf unused and gathering dust. Need cable for my games room or it will never be used might as well sell it, or get PS4 now iam swearing. LECTRICMAN

• Paul WissingPaul Wissing commented  · 

I have a media room and may of my friends do too, all of them refuse to upgrade to the XBOX One for this one very simple reason.. Please make this cable available.. Cost is not an issue.

• Anonymous Anonymous commented  · 

I've decided to renovate my house to shorten the distance between the tv and the console located in the AV cabinet. The estimate it just shy of $200K, but need to follow Microsoft's suggested solution if this is going to work.

• Michael L AdamsMichael L Adams commented  · 

Another thing! With all this ttechnology out there are you telling me that you can't WiFi the Sh!t? Your telling me that you have the capability to invite a electronic device that can decipher who the user is through facial recognition , that can communicate with the user by follow the users verbal comands, and transmit audio and video through a piece wire but you cannot figure out a way to transmit the signal from the kinects wirelessly or come out with a longer cable? Sounds a little bit backwards to me! But what do I know im just a consumer!

• Michael L AdamsMichael L Adams commented  · 

I have four Xbox's. 3 of them are Xbox 360s and the ooriginal xbox. But I have yet to buy an Xbox one. The reason being is that I won't be able to use the kinects due to the fact that all my components are located in a different area of the house and their isn't a cable out there long enough to reach. I have always been a diehard xbox fan and stood up for them to all those PS nay sayers but lately it seems like Xbox has forgotten were they came from. They have forgotten that it was people like us (the original xbox owners) who purchased there products and in a way promoted there products by sharing it with are kids our family and friends .Even if we didn't get along with one another the Xbox was always a common ground that we could relate to. In short I guess what I'm trying to say is ," Xbox? Stop for a moment, take deep breath and pull your head out of whatever you have it stuck in!!" and start listening to the people who make you your money. Which in case you have forgotten, is us, the consumer! Unfortunately I will not be purchasing a Xbox one until they produce a cable that is long enough. And by the way just in case you were wondering how I use the kinects on my 360. The answer is" I dont use the kinects" but with the Xbox one by not using the kinects you lose alot of its main features.

• Chris HayesChris Hayes commented  · 

I spoke with one of the Monoprice guys at E3 and was told that Microsoft had threatened legal action if Monoprice brought a cable to market.

In short the cable isn't going to happen.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I was excited when I found this link, and then I got here only to find that Monoprice does not have the cable I need. Bummer!

• NachoKingPNachoKingP commented  · 

Has monoprice responded to this request at all? Microsoft refuses to comment on this even being in development.

• DaeDae commented  · 

I need one at 30 feet - equipment is in a closet. Please build the extension cable.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28

Feedback and Knowledge Base